Harvester World magazine was first published by International Harvester Company in October of 1909. From 1909 to 1946, Harvester World functioned primarily as an employee magazine, carrying news from various factories, branch houses and dealerships around the world. The magazine included biographical sketches of employees; notices of retirements and promotions; announcements regarding new company initiatives or building projects; and a variety of other news relating to nearly every facet of the company’s world wide operations. The magazine was published by the company’s Advertising Department, and also functioned as a way for headquarters to communicate with dealerships. In 1946, the magazine was redesigned and eventually shifted from an employee magazine to a more customer-oriented focus. By the 1950s, most Harvester Articles were human interest stories centering on the people and organizations who used International Harvester products. At the same time, photography became an increasingly important element in the content and presentation of the magazine. The magazine was discontinued in 1969.