Kaukauna, Wis., Outagamie County 1886 / H. Wellge, del. ; Beck & Pauli, Litho.
Wellge, H. (Henry)
The site of Kaukauna was first visited by Jean Nicolet in 1634. Its location on the Fox River made it an important way station in the fur trade, while its waterfalls attracted settlers and industry. Flour milling and lumbering were suceeded by the paper and pulp industries, and the city used its water power to become the "Electric City."
Any map may be printed or downloaded at no cost for nonprofit educational use by teachers and students, or for private use by individual researchers. Nothing may be reproduced in any format for commercial purposes without prior permission from the Wisconsin Historical Society.