Known historically as the Samuel White building. From the Mineral Point Tribune, June 28, 1859: "New Buildings: Mr. S. White is erecting a stone block on his lot on High street. . . . No finer buildings can be found in the State than these will be, because nobody knows better how to do it than our masons, and no town has more beautiful stone to build with." This building is included in the Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory under record number 59699. http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/ahi/
Architectural elements; Architectural & site components; Shoe stores; Stone buildings;
Businesses; Stone buildings; Vernacular Architecture;
High Street Buildings; Mineral Point Businesses;
Mineral Point Historical Society;
Glass Plate Negative Collection;
Copyright and Use Statement
Copyright to this resource is held by the Mineral Point Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only. Commercial use or distribution of the image or content is not permitted without prior permission of the Mineral Point Historical Society. Please contact the Mineral Point Historical Society at MPHS@mineralpointhistory.org for permission to use the digital image or content.