Constructed in 1854, this three story building was known as the Thomas Block. It housed the Gundry dry goods store prior to 1871 when Joseph Gundry went into partnership with John Gray and moved the business to his new building farther up the hill, at 215 High Street. From the Mineral Point Tribune, April 13, 1854: "Messrs Thomas & Co are progressing rapidly with their large building on High Street." This building is included in the Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory under record number 59262. http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/ahi/
Stone buildings; Architectural elements;
Businesses; Vernacular Architecture;
High Street Buildings; Mineral Point Businesses;
Mineral Point Historical Society;
Glass Plate Negative Collection;
Copyright and Use Statement
Copyright to this resource is held by the Mineral Point Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only. Commercial use or distribution of the image or content is not permitted without prior permission of the Mineral Point Historical Society. Please contact the Mineral Point Historical Society at MPHS@mineralpointhistory.org for permission to use the digital image or content.