This building, home of the Hughes & Company Dry Goods store at the time of this photograph, was constructed in 1861. The Mineral Point Weekly Tribune, June 11, 1861: "The Work Goes Bravely On In spite of the hard times and stringency in money matters, an unusual number of good substantial buildings are going up in our city the present season. Messrs. Pascoe and Goldsworthy have a fine stone block under way on the south side of High Street, nearly opposite the Post Office." This building is included in the Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory under record number 71468. See: http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/ahi/
Businesses; Stone buildings; Vernacular Architecture;
High Street Buildings; Mineral Point Businesses;
Mineral Point Historical Society;
Glass Plate Negative Collection;
Copyright and Use Statement
Copyright to this resource is held by the Mineral Point Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only. Commercial use or distribution of the image or content is not permitted without prior permission of the Mineral Point Historical Society. Please contact the Mineral Point Historical Society at MPHS@mineralpointhistory.org for permission to use the digital image or content.