Built by Samuel Coad in 1864, this building housed a variety of businesses over the years. This image was taken after electricity was installed in High Street businesses in 1891 and before J. J. Hanscom moved his book store to the west half of the building in 1898. At the time this photo was taken, H. Zimmer's dry goods store was on the ground floor and a millinery shop and W. G. Hales' "Dental Rooms" were on the second floor. This building is included in the Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory under record number 59684. See: http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/ahi/
Stone buildings; Storefronts; Dry goods stores; Dental offices;
Businesses; Stone buildings; Vernacular Architecture;
High Street Buildings; Mineral Point Businesses;
Mineral Point Historical Society;
Glass Plate Negative Collection;
Copyright and Use Statement
Copyright to this resource is held by the Mineral Point Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only. Commercial use or distribution of the image or content is not permitted without prior permission of the Mineral Point Historical Society. Please contact the Mineral Point Historical Society at MPHS@mineralpointhistory.org for permission to use the digital image or content.