Also known as the Thomas Prisk building, this two story stone builidng was constructed in 1867. From The National Democrat, Sept. 1, 1866: "Thomas Prisk is preparing to build a new rock building on the corner of High and Chestnut Sts. We presume the old 'Olive Branch' will soon be among the things that were." Later in September, the same paper reported "We are told that Mr Prisk has concluded to defer the erection of the building on the corner of High and Chestnut Streets until next Spring." The iron staircase on the side of the building was manufactured by the Wearne Foundry, a local foundry located on Hoard (now Shake Rag) Street. This building is included in the Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory under record number 59677. http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/ahi/
Stone buildings; Bars; Architectural elements;
Businesses; Stone buildings; Vernacular Architecture;
High Street Buildings; Mineral Point Businesses;
Mineral Point Historical Society;
Glass Plate Negative Collection;
Copyright and Use Statement
Copyright to this resource is held by the Mineral Point Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only. Commercial use or distribution of the image or content is not permitted without prior permission of the Mineral Point Historical Society. Please contact the Mineral Point Historical Society at MPHS@mineralpointhistory.org for permission to use the digital image or content.