The five buildings at the left of this image were constructed in the early to mid 1860's after a fire swept most of this block, destroying the original structures. The next building, 222 High Street, had the ornate pressed tin front added in 1892; the next two buildings, Pulford's Drug Store and Gundry and Gray Dry Goods, were constructed in 1871. Mineral Point's mascot, the pointer dog in front of Gundry and Gray is clearly visible, looking down the street, to the east. This photo was taken after 1892 and before 1907, when the First National Bank building was added on the corner of High and Chestnut.
Stone buildings; Advertising; Architectural & site components;
Stone buildings; Vernacular Architecture;Views of Mineral Point;
High Street Buildings; Mineral Point Businesses;
Mineral Point Historical Society;
Glass Plate Negative Collection;
Copyright and Use Statement
Copyright to this resource is held by the Mineral Point Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only. Commercial use or distribution of the image or content is not permitted without prior permission of the Mineral Point Historical Society. Please contact the Mineral Point Historical Society at MPHS@mineralpointhistory.org for permission to use the digital image or content.