This stone building is on the north side of the first block of High Street at the site now occupied by the Hotel Royal. Built in 1859 and known as the "John Ross Building", it housed the William T. Henry Abstract Office and Whittlesey and Squire's Iowa County Bank in the early 1860's. The three story stone building down the hill is the Thomas Block at 39 High Street, constructed in 1854. The small building between the two was the Christopher Day Shoe Shop.
Stone buildings; Vernacular Architecture; Views of Mineral Point;
High Street Buildings; Mineral Point Businesses; Mineral Point Commercial Buildings;
Mineral Point Historical Society;
Glass Plate Negative Collection;
Copyright and Use Statement
Copyright to this resource is held by the Mineral Point Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only. Commercial use or distribution of the image or content is not permitted without prior permission of the Mineral Point Historical Society. Please contact the Mineral Point Historical Society at MPHS@mineralpointhistory.org for permission to use the digital image or content.