Mineral Point Tribune, Jan. 6, 1869: "A large number of private residences that are ornamental to the city have also been added . . . Alex. Wilson's brick residence is also a fine building, also erected the past season." According to the City of Mineral Point Architectural and Historical Intensive Survey Report, 1991 and 1992, "In the Mineral Point Historic District, the more formally balanced and symmetrical mode of the Italianate style influenced several houses, which display the classic cubic shape of the Italianate style [including] the two-story, red brick house constructed for Alexander Wilson at 110 Dodge Street in 1868 . . . the rectangular shape, the low pitched roof topped by a square roof dormer and the wide overhanging eaves ornamented by paired brackets . . . is typical of the style. A mansard roofed, one and a half story wing attached to the north elevation shows the influence of the French Second Empire style."
Wisconsin Historical Society AHI #
Porches; Fences; Architectural & site components;
Mineral Point Residences;
Mineral Point Historical Society;
Glass Plate Negative Collection;
Copyright and Use Statement
Copyright to this resource is held by the Mineral Point Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only. Commercial use or distribution of the image or content is not permitted without prior permission of the Mineral Point Historical Society. Please contact the Mineral Point Historical Society at MPHS@mineralpointhistory.org for permission to use the digital image or content.