MP Weekly Tribune, May 16, 1866: "Another New Building. John Horn has commenced clearing away the rubbish and the digging of a cellar on the vacant lot between Milton's stone building and Mrs. Minor's residence, on High street, preparatory to erecting a two story stone building, which, we are sorry to add, he intends using for a saloon." Mineral Point Weekly Tribune, July 11, 1866: "Fine Castings. For a sample of fine castings see the Pillars of John Horn's new store. They were manufactured by John Warne (sic) & Co., who are doing a fine business in all kinds of castings – light or heavy. These Pillars we look upon as the best and most perfect in the city, notwithstanding there are many of the Chicago manufactory in the city. We think our citizens err in sending away for such work when we can have it done here in quite as good style, and at no higher figures than can be obtained elsewhere. – Patronize home industry, is a good motto for all." National Democrat, September 1, 1866: "The new stone building of John Horn is nearly completed and presents as fine appearance as any in town. John will soon be found there, ready to wait upon his customers." This building is included in the Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory under record number 59671. See: http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/ahi/
Stone buildings; Shutters; Awnings; Bars;
Vernacular Architecture; Stone buildings;
High Street Buildings; Mineral Point Businesses;
Mineral Point Historical Society;
Glass Plate Negative Collection;
Copyright and Use Statement
Copyright to this resource is held by the Mineral Point Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only. Commercial use or distribution of the image or content is not permitted without prior permission of the Mineral Point Historical Society. Please contact the Mineral Point Historical Society at MPHS@mineralpointhistory.org for permission to use the digital image or content.