Mineral Point Democrat. April 13, 1854: "We notice that John Milton, on the corner of High and Chestnut streets, has removed the ware houses attached to his Store, and is about to erect a fine rock addition, 60 feet deep, which, with his present building, we understand, is to be run up three stories high. This will be a fine addition to the appearance of that portion of the town, and none can appreciate such improvements better than can Mr. Milton, who has the enterprise to carry it through. br>At the time of this photograph, the building was home to A. F. Bishop Furniture, and Adam Dresen, Tailor. It also served as the Band Hall for the Mineral Point City Band, whose director was Mr. Dresen. This building is included in the Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory under record number 59674. See: http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/ahi/
Stone buildings; Tailor shops; Furniture stores;
Stone buildings; Vernacular Architecture;
High Street Buildings; Mineral Point Businesses;
Mineral Point Historical Society;
Glass Plate Negative Collection;
Copyright and Use Statement
Copyright to this resource is held by the Mineral Point Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only. Commercial use or distribution of the image or content is not permitted without prior permission of the Mineral Point Historical Society. Please contact the Mineral Point Historical Society at MPHS@mineralpointhistory.org for permission to use the digital image or content.