This brick building was constructed in 1842 by Theodore Rodolf and sold to Dr. John Vivian in 1853, when Rodolf moved to LaCrosse, WI. Rodolf apparently first sold general merchandise but within a few years established a pharmacy, a business that was continued by Dr. Vivian. Mineral Point Democrat, April 17, 1845: A Card: The subscriber is just receiving and opening at his New Brick Store, opposite the Court-house, his stock of New Goods, consisting in Groceries, Dry Goods, Boots and Shoes, Dye-stuffs, Hardware, Crockeryware, Paints, Medicines, Blasting & Rifle Powder, Furniture Hollow-ware, Stoves, Books, & Stationary, Stoneware, Iron, Steel, &c which he will sell low for cash or produce. Theodore Rodolf This building is included in the Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory under record number 59269. See: http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/ahi/
High Street Buildings; Mineral Point Businesses;
Mineral Point Historical Society;
Glass Plate Negative Collection;
Copyright and Use Statement
Copyright to this resource is held by the Mineral Point Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only. Commercial use or distribution of the image or content is not permitted without prior permission of the Mineral Point Historical Society. Please contact the Mineral Point Historical Society at MPHS@mineralpointhistory.org for permission to use the digital image or content.