Mineral Point Tribune, Oct 6, 1866: We notice that Samuel Harris, Esq., has a portion of the material collected together, near his residence, for the building of a Green House. Mr. Harris intends having a floral collection that cannot be excelled for variety or beauty in the county. We believe that Mr. Richard Arundell, of Dodgeville, is the only person having an extensive building of this character, hence competition in the floral art will be limited to Mineral Point and our sister town. According to the WI AHI, this house was built in 1835. It is included in the Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory under record number 56094. See: http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/ahi/ This house is also included in the "Built in America" section of the Library of Congress, with measured drawings and photographs of the structure, at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/hhh.wi0081, Survey number HABS WI-239. This survey was compiled in 1935; the surveyor states that the builder, John Harris, came from Cornwall in 1833.
Greenhouses; Dwellings; Miners;
Mineral Point Residences;
Mineral Point Historical Society;
Glass Plate Negative Collection;
Copyright and Use Statement
Copyright to this resource is held by the Mineral Point Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only. Commercial use or distribution of the image or content is not permitted without prior permission of the Mineral Point Historical Society. Please contact the Mineral Point Historical Society at MPHS@mineralpointhistory.org for permission to use the digital image or content.