The original W. A. Jones house, demolished in 1905; the current Jones House, on this site, was completed in 1907. William Arthur Jones was born in Wales in 1844 and emigrated to Iowa County with his parents in 1851. In 1881 he married Sarah Ansley; also in 1881, he and a partner formed a Mineral Point bank. Two years later, in 1883,he and two of his brothers bought the Mineral Point Zinc Works, selling it to the New Jersey Zinc Company in 1895. Mr. Jones served as The Mayor of Mineral Point in 1884, was a State Assemblyman, and was the Commissioner of Indian Affairs under Presidents William McKinley and Theodore Roosevelt.
Horse teams; Porches; Fences;
Mineral Point Residences;
Mineral Point Historical Society;
Glass Plate Negative Collection;
Copyright and Use Statement
Copyright to this resource is held by the Mineral Point Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only. Commercial use or distribution of the image or content is not permitted without prior permission of the Mineral Point Historical Society. Please contact the Mineral Point Historical Society at MPHS@mineralpointhistory.org for permission to use the digital image or content.