The Charles and Kate McIlhon home, built about 1897. Charles McIlhon, born in Mineral Point in 1856, was an attorney, in practice first with Alexander Wilson, then with the firm of Spensley, McIlhon & Priestley. He served as city attorney for Mineral Point for several years, then as Iowa County judge. He was also involved with several mining companies in Iowa County and was instrumental in promoting and building the railroad between Mineral Point and Highland. Kate McIlhon, also born in Mineral Point, was a daughter of John and Margaret Amberg. This building is included in the Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory under record number 58005, although the address is listed as 609 Fountain Street. See: http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/ahi/
Copyright to this resource is held by the Mineral Point Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only. Commercial use or distribution of the image or content is not permitted without prior permission of the Mineral Point Historical Society. Please contact the Mineral Point Historical Society at MPHS@mineralpointhistory.org for permission to use the digital image or content.