This two story, Queen Anne house was built about 1900 and at one point was the residence of Josiah Lanyon and his wife, Jane Trevorrow Lanyon. Josiah and his brother John comprised the firm J. Lanyon and Brother, proprietors of Lanyon Foundry and Machine Shop on Commerce Street. Both brothers were born in Mineral Point in the 1840's and learned their trade from their father, William Lanyon. This building is included in the Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory under record number 56680. See: http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/ahi/
Copyright to this resource is held by the Mineral Point Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only. Commercial use or distribution of the image or content is not permitted without prior permission of the Mineral Point Historical Society. Please contact the Mineral Point Historical Society at MPHS@mineralpointhistory.org for permission to use the digital image or content.