This Greek Revival stone house was built in 1846, when Wisconsin was still a territory, by John Bracken. In 1870, Dr. James B. Moffett sold his residence on South Iowa street to George Henry for $2300 and bought the Bracken place for which he paid $4700, according to an account in the local newspaper. This building is included in the Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory under record number 56655. See: http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/ahi/
Stone buildings; Streets;
Greek Revival Architecture; Stone buildings;
Mineral Point Residences;
Mineral Point Historical Society;
Glass Plate Negative Collection;
Copyright and Use Statement
Copyright to this resource is held by the Mineral Point Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only. Commercial use or distribution of the image or content is not permitted without prior permission of the Mineral Point Historical Society. Please contact the Mineral Point Historical Society at MPHS@mineralpointhistory.org for permission to use the digital image or content.