building was constructed in 1866 and was originally used as a grocery store by William Uren and a feed store by John Dawe, miller. Later, Dawe went into the grocery and provision business. Dawe, born in England in 1833, came to Mineral Point in 1853 and engaged in mining before becoming a merchant. This building is included in the Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory under record number 59261. See: http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/ahi/
Stone buildings; Vernacular Architecture;
High Street Buildings; Mineral Point Businesses;
Mineral Point Historical Society;
Glass Plate Negative Collection;
Copyright and Use Statement
Copyright to this resource is held by the Mineral Point Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only. Commercial use or distribution of the image or content is not permitted without prior permission of the Mineral Point Historical Society. Please contact the Mineral Point Historical Society at MPHS@mineralpointhistory.org for permission to use the digital image or content.