Built in 1842, by Theodore Rodolf and used by him as a dry goods store and a pharmacy. Dr. John Vivan moved into the space when Rodolf relocated to La Crosse in 1853. Vivan purchased the building a few years later. The placard in the window advertising the Band Picnic dates this photograph to 1893. This building is included in the Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory under record number 59269. See: http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/ahi/
High Street Buildings; Mineral Point Businesses;
Mineral Point Historical Society;
Glass Plate Negative Collection;
Copyright and Use Statement
Copyright to this resource is held by the Mineral Point Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only. Commercial use or distribution of the image or content is not permitted without prior permission of the Mineral Point Historical Society. Please contact the Mineral Point Historical Society at MPHS@mineralpointhistory.org for permission to use the digital image or content.