In 1841 a large log and frame building was constructed for the county clerk, treasurer and register of deeds and was known as the "County Offices." A year later, the second county courthouse was built just to the east of this building. When the county seat and the county offices were moved to Dodgeville in 1859 (some say by means of political chicanery), this building was used as a bank by William T. Henry, and as a post office. It was demolished in 1913, when the current municipal building was constructed on this site.
Post offices; Banks;
Vernacular Architecture; Municipal Services;
High Street Buildings;
Mineral Point Historical Society;
Glass Plate Negative Collection;
Copyright and Use Statement
Copyright to this resource is held by the Mineral Point Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only. Commercial use or distribution of the image or content is not permitted without prior permission of the Mineral Point Historical Society. Please contact the Mineral Point Historical Society at MPHS@mineralpointhistory.org for permission to use the digital image or content.