This image was taken from the hill behind the Walker House, on Water Street in Mineral Point. The three story stone warehouse visible at the right of the photograph is at 23 Commerce Street and was constructed in 1854 by George Cobb. Two of the engine houses that served the railraod are visible to the left of the warehouse. The many small houses on the hillsides were homes for workers in the zinc plant, many of them immigrants from Italy.
Warehouses; Railroad facilities;
Views of Mineral Point
Mineral Point Historical Society
Glass Plate Negative Collection
Copyright and Use Statement
Copyright to this resource is held by the Mineral Point Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only. Commercial use or distribution of the image or content is not permitted without prior permission of the Mineral Point Historical Society. Please contact the Mineral Point Historical Society at MPHS@mineralpointhistory.org for permission to use the digital image or content.