Constructed in 1860, this stone building was the office and drug store of Dr. James B. Moffett. Dr. Moffett's brother, "Professor" C. R. Moffett had his photography studio upstairs and was a partner in the pharmacy business. The Moffett brothers were born in Bath County, Kentucky, and came to the Lead Region in the 1850's, following two of their sisters who emigrated to the area with their families in 1839. W. T. Prideaux purchased the business when Dr. J. B. Moffett moved to Minneapolis.
Stone buildings; Drugstores; Architectural elements;
Businesses; Vernacular Architecture;
High Street Buildings; Mineral Point Commercial Buildings;
Mineral Point Historical Society
Glass Plate Negative Collection
Copyright and Use Statement
Copyright to this resource is held by the Mineral Point Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only. Commercial use or distribution of the image or content is not permitted without prior permission of the Mineral Point Historical Society. Please contact the Mineral Point Historical Society at MPHS@mineralpointhistory.org for permission to use the digital image or content.