Perhaps one of the earliest images in the collection, this scene of upper High Street was taken some time between 1868, after the brick second story was added to the Priestley building on the right and before the addition to the U.S. Hotel (the three story building on the left) was constructed in 1876. What is now Henry Street was apparently opened some time later than this, as the board fence at the right of the image appears to extend all the way to the Priestley building. A horse and wagon waits in front of the livery stable to the left and a large dog lies undisturbed in the middle of the street.
Stone buildings; Hotels; Stables; Horses; Carts & wagons;
Vernacular Architecture; Views of Mineral Point; Community Life;
High Street Buildings; Mineral Point Commercial Buildings;
Mineral Point Historical Society
Glass Plate Negative Collection
Copyright and Use Statement
Copyright to this resource is held by the Mineral Point Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only. Commercial use or distribution of the image or content is not permitted without prior permission of the Mineral Point Historical Society. Please contact the Mineral Point Historical Society at MPHS@mineralpointhistory.org for permission to use the digital image or content.