Three men stand in front of the Gorgen & Pittz Grocery at 207 High Street in Mineral Point. Constructed in 1859, this building is known as the William and Nick Coad building, and has housed a variety of merchants, including the Lanyon and Smith Dry Goods Store, the R. Penrose Meat Market, and Siebert's Bakery. In 1898, the street address of the building was 303. This building is included in the Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory under record number 59690.
Businesses; Vernacular Architecture; Community Life;
High Street Buildings; Mineral Point Businesses;
Mineral Point Historical Society;
Glass Plate Negative Collection;
Copyright and Use Statement
Copyright to this resource is held by the Mineral Point Historical Society and is provided here for educational purposes only. Commercial use or distribution of the image or content is not permitted without prior permission of the Mineral Point Historical Society. Please contact the Mineral Point Historical Society at MPHS@mineralpointhistory.org for permission to use the digital image or content.