Wisconsin Library School is now permanently part of U.W.
[Cardinal - Dec. 1, 1939] The Wisconsin Library school has been definitely established as a part of the University of Wisconsin. During the academic year of the 1938-39 the school was temporarily under university jurisdiction, and a bill passed by the state legislature which transferred it from the jurisdiction of the Free Library commission to the board of regents of the university made the change permanent beginning this semester.
40 STUDENTS - The school is located at 811 State street directly across from the Historical and University library. Each of the 40 students is assigned an individual desk in the two study halls on the first floor. Administration and faculty offices, and a work room and seminar room on the second floor; a combination lecture and typing room on the third; and stacks in the basement are also provided in the building. The policy of the school is to train librarians for the small public libraries in response to the demands from the sphere of influence of the
MIME: Image/jpeg| print:b&w
School of Library and Information Studies-Year Logs
Copyright 2006. University of Wisconsin-Madison. School of Library and Information Studies.
Ostrom, Amy: University of Wisconsin-Madison, School of Library and Information Studies.